FCm Travel Solutions Specialisation | Manufacturing
Travel management for the manufacturing industry
With more than 20 years experience managing travel for manufacturers, FCm Travel Solutions is the leading travel management company for this sector. Our in-depth knowledge of the broad range of specialisations within the manufacturing industry and understanding of this sector's travel patterns, labour market and trade flows, helps our people deliver tailored travel management strategies that will drive time and cost efficiencies on your travel.
FCm offers a unique combination of industry expertise, personal/local service, product depth, advanced travel technology and global strength. We have the capabilities of a worldwide travel consultancy that's backed by the strength of parent company Flight Centre Limited.
FCm is the preferred travel provider for some of Australia and the world's largest manufacturing firms. Our portfolio of customers includes companies that work within the large powerhouse industries that process Australia's agricultural and mineral wealth; implementers and fabricators that create consumer products and transform the outputs of primary industrial activity; and high-growth implementers of the latest science and technology.
FCm can help your business achieve long term cost containment with specialised travel services that have been designed for companies at every stage of the manufacturing value chain. Whether your people are travelling overseas on group buying trips, visiting head office, touring regional retail shops or production plants, visiting factory locations for new production lines or attending training in CBD locations - FCm can advise your people how to travel cost and time efficiently.
How we can help you
FCm recognises that for many manufacturing companies, interstate and international travel is essential for research, design, production, distribution and service delivery.
- Our travel management teams are small, operating with between five and seven travel consultants. Each team manages only a limited number of manufacturing clients to ensure every company receives personal travel support and service.
- FCm can structure travel management teams to suit the needs of each client with dedicated consultants for domestic, international and VIP travel where required.
- We'll appoint your business its own travel and account manager who will develop a comprehensive understanding of your business and manufacturing sector, travel requirements and budget parameters.
- Your FCm team will provide a single point of contact for all your travel needs including bookings, data management and emergencies.
- For manufacturing firms that have in-house travel bookers, and want immediate visibility and control of staff bookings, FCm's proprietary-owned online booking tool, e3 is quick and easy to use. It can be customised for every client and offers single-screen visibility of search results for air, car and hotel.
- We are the only travel management company that provides access to multiple product platforms for accommodation including our last minute accommodation website Quickbeds, our global hotel program and our wholesale operation. This provides a vast range of accommodation options for companies with regional, national or global manufacturing networks.
- For manufacturers visiting domestic or international destinations on a regular basis as part of your buying, production or distribution process, Corporate Traveller will assess your travel patterns, work with hotel suppliers and advise on best practice accommodation strategies.
- If your company has overseas production plants or offices, FCm can help your company save on your high capacity air routes. We'll assess and monitor your air travel volume and patterns to coordinate competitive route deals with your preferred carrier.
- Our expertise in group travel, round-the-world fares and airfare construction helps to reduce travel costs for manufacturing firms with global operations or companies that regularly undertake group buying trips, head office or site visits or market research.
- FCm will advise how your company can drive savings on ground transport by running comparisons between car hire and taxi costs for destinations your people are regularly visiting. Travel policy and compliance
- We will help you develop a travel policy that suits your company culture and drives savings, no matter what part of the manufacturing value chain your business is involved in.
- We'll drive policy compliance at point of sale either through our online booking tool or through your dedicated travel manager.
- We can report on approved policy exceptions to improve visibility.
Account management and reporting
- FCm's approach to strategic account management, is based on expert business planning and comprehensive reporting.
- We provide detailed management information reporting and advise how best to use the data to drive the right behaviour and gain greater value from your spend.
- Our technology for management information reporting (MIR) is highly flexible, multi-layered and allows drill down analysis for a high level organisational overview to individual traveller level. Our technology is capable of producing more than 200 reports across key travel performance indicators.
- For companies that regularly take their products or goods overseas FCm provides best practice advice on airline luggage policies and logistics to drive savings.
- With industry growth in higher-risk countries such as India, China, Brazil and Mexico, your people can rely on the best advice for traveller safety and security including transfers, drivers and security if needed.
- FCm offers full traveller tracking capabilities and 24-hour emergency assist for your travellers.