Tripadvisor has named Melbourne’s Vue de Monde as the best restaurant in Australia at its Travellers’ Choice Awards for 2015.
Based on the reviews of its millions of users worldwide, the top 10 fine dining Aussie restaurants were revealed as well as the top 10 restaurants worldwide.
“We tapped the TripAdvisor community to help us serve up the top fine-dining restaurants around the globe because an exceptional dining experience can be the highlight of a trip or a special occasion,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor.
“These elite dining establishments have earned the highest praise from travellers for their remarkable cuisine and commitment to service.”
Head Chef of Vude de Monde, Shannon Bennett, says he appreciates the honest and constructive feedback from guests.
Restaurants rounding out the top ten include:
- Vue de Monde, Melbourne, Victoria
- The Fish House, Burleigh Heads, Queensland
- Chianti, Adelaide, South Australia
- Quay Restaurant, Sydney, New South Wales
- Muse Restaurant, Pokolbin, New South Wales
- Aria, Brisbane, Queensland
- Tetsuya's, Sydney, New South Wales
- The Stunned Mullet, Port Macquarie, New South Wales
- Sage Restaurant, Canberra, ACT
- Coda, Melbourne, Victoria
This article is a fragment originally published on news.com.au and you can read the full article here.