Etihad Sabre migration and system outage
February 20, 2013
Etihad’s (EY) booking system will be migrating from Amadeus to Sabre this weekend, which will result in a temporary system outage.
From 7am on Saturday 23 February until 7pm on Sunday 24 February (AEDST) a number of EY functions will be unavailable.
What will be unavailable during the system outage?
- No new EY bookings (EY flight numbers and code share services on EY aircraft) can be created in the GDS or on the EY website.
- No changes to existing bookings can be made – this includes seat/meal requests; date changes; reissues; frequent flyer information added/changed; additional luggage purchased etc.
- No EY bookings can be ticketed during this period.
- No online check in will be available.
- EY flight schedule and fare information will also be unavailable in the GDS or online.
What do you need to know?
- All EY flights are scheduled to travel as normal during the weekend outage.
- Customers who are travelling on 23 February should check in online on 22 February if possible.
- Customers travelling between 23 and 25 February are requested to arrive at the airport four hours prior to departure.
- Customers should travel with a copy of their e-ticket and printed itinerary to avoid delays at check in.
- Customers will not be able to make frequent flyer redemption bookings or upgrades during the outage period so should try to secure these beforehand. Frequent flyer upgrades will be unavailable at the airport also during the outage.