From useful new features on their app to speedy bag drop with Q Bag Tags, Qantas is making the travel experience as seamless as possible for business travellers. They’ve even partnered with a pet minding service to help travellers feel at ease when away from home.
1. Make full use of the Qantas app
Qantas’ app is full of features to help improve every step of your journey with easy access to your boarding pass, seat selection, plus so much more. It’s also compatible with your Apple Watch.
- Be the first to check in…The Qantas app lets you be the first to know when check-in has opened, letting you check in and select your seat with a few simple taps.*
- Say goodbye to paper… Quickly access your digital boarding pass from the home screen of the app.
- Know what to pack… See the weather forecast at your destination.
- Planning your trip to the airport… Avoid traffic and know the fastest route so you’re never late for your flight.
- There’s no need to listen out for announcements… The app lets you receive real time information of your flight departure time, gate information plus baggage carousel details to collect your bags.
- Get inspired… discover journey inspiration with places to stay, where to eat and things to do right in the app.
2. Speed up bag drop with Q Bag Tags
If you regularly travel with checked baggage, a Q Bag Tag can help make bag drop faster and easier.
How it works
Simply drop your bags with a Q Bag Tag attached at the automated Bag Drop or Bag Drop counter. The scanners in the Bag Drop detect your Q Bag Tag. The Bag Drop then encodes the details from your flight booking onto the intelligent Q chip embedded in the Q Bag Tag, allowing it to be delivered to the correct destination.
You can also choose to lend your Q Bag Tag to a family member or friend when they are travelling. Passengers details are linked to the Q Bag Tag at point of check-in when the boarding card is issued.
3. Register for SMS Flight Update
SMS Flight Update allows Qantas to notify you of changes to the scheduled departure time for most Qantas flights.**
Simply provide your mobile phone number when you make a booking directly with Qantas or if you are a Frequent Flyer, enter your mobile phone number in Your Profile.
4. Don't forget the pets!
Qantas has partnered with pet minding service, Mad Paws, to help travellers find a local sitter to mind their furry family member while they’re away.
Pet services on offer include overnight pet hosting (away from home) and pet sitting (at pet’s home) as well as pet day care, house visits, dog walking and grooming.
Plus, pet owners who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members will earn one Qantas Point per dollar when they make a booking with Mad Paws or a flat rate of 500 points if they are a new Mad Paws customer and book online with Qantas.