Sam (Smart Assistant for Mobile) is FCM Travel Solutions’ pocket travel assistant that helps business travellers with everything from itinerary management, bookings, service and support.
Sam is designed to help make business travel easy and enjoyable. It does this by employing a blend of AI (Artificial Intelligence) and integrated consultant support and expertise.
Meet Sam, your pocket travel assistant
Beyond organising all your business trips in a beautiful itinerary, Sam gets in touch anytime there’s something about your travel plans you need to be aware of. Flight status? Change of gate? Traffic jam on your way to the airport? With Sam, you will never miss anything.
- Easy to read and detailed travel itinerary
- Automatic itinerary synchronisation of corporate bookings
- Online check in reminders
- Notifications including flight status reports, boarding gate changes, weather and traffic reports, restaurant recommendations and more
- Easily forward any other reservations (such as Travel Club or Flight Centre leisure bookings) via email
- Share your trips easily with family and colleagues via SMS, email, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and other social channels
- Export trips within your itinerary to your calendar easily
- Request a ride with Uber or Lyft to any of the locations in your itinerary
- Contact your dedicated travel manager or support team via phone
- Share your location at any time with colleagues and family*
- Upload your expenses on the go with one tap access to your integrated report expense tool^
Next phase features
Sam is always looking for ways to improve and become even more helpful for travellers. Learn more about new features in upcoming app releases.
Business travel tips and advice via Sam Community - coming soon
Sam Community will be the world’s first chatbot assisted community for travellers. This next phase feature taps into the knowledge and experience of a global community of business travellers, serving up user-generated tips and advice based on a traveller’s location or when they ask Sam for assistance or inspiration.
Seamless travel management with Sam for Travel Bookers - coming soon
Sam is being enhanced to cater for the needs of Travel Bookers including executive assistants and meeting organisers who manage multiple travellers as part of their role. Sam will ensure bookers are aware of potential issues impacting their traveller(s) and prompt appropriate actions including booking changes as well as allowing direct communication with the traveller to ensure their wellbeing.
Other features coming soon to Sam
Enhanced traveller safety and duty of care features
Sam will soon recognise the user’s location via a blend of itinerary information and GPS and match this to any critical incidents, triggering real time relevant alerts with an ability to respond with appropriate action for the individual traveller.